- As far as possible, once a child has come to school, he/she should not ask for short leave.
- A gate pass will be issued to students who deviate from normal mode/time of dispersal because of unavoidable circumstances. The parent concerned must collect the gate pass well as the child from the school reception. No parent would be allowed to go to the class himself/herself for this purpose.
- Parents/attendants of Supervision Students must carry the white Supervision I-Card whenever they come to pick up their ward/s from school. They will not be allowed to take their ward/s without the I- card.
- Students who come to school and go home in the care of attendants should not leave before the attendant arrives. In case of any delay, they should report to the school reception.
- In case anyone other than the authorized attendant comes to pick up a student, they must carry an authorization letter.
- The school buses run on two separate route plans – Senior Route for classes II-XII and Junior Route for Nursery-I. Please note the two plans follow separate timings and separate bus routes.
- All bus routes and bus stops are fixed and final. Request for extension of route / addition of new bus stops will not be entertained.
- Students are required to travel by the same bus route both at the time of arrival and dispersal. No student would be allowed to board a bus other than the one he/she uses regularly.
- All students are expected to give bus attendance both ways.
- No student can board the bus without an identity card.
- All students using the school bus are expected to be at the bus stop at least ten minutes before the arrival time of the bus. Buses will not wait for late-comers.
- Children should stand in a queue to board the bus.
- They must occupy seats immediately after boarding the bus.
- The front door of the bus is the only authorized entrance and exit.
- No student should come to the front door of the bus until the bus has come to a complete stop.
- Drivers are authorized to stop at designated stops only. The list of stops is prepared keeping in view the convenience and safety of all bus users.
- While the bus is in motion, students must not move around or extend any part of their body out of the bus.
- Unruly behaviour like shrieking, shouting and fighting is strictly prohibited.
- The bus in-charges and student bus monitors are responsible for maintaining discipline in the buses. Any serious offence must be reported to the Transport In-charge and the Principal.
- Students will be held responsible for any damage caused to the bus through negligence or vandalism. This could result in withdrawal of transport facility (temporarily/permanently)/ fine etc.
- A student exhibiting behaviour which jeopardises the safety of others will also not be permitted to continue using the bus.
- If a student wishes to change or discontinue transport facility provided by the school, request must be submitted personally to the Transport Manager by filling up the Transport Facility Proforma (can be downloaded from the school website). Verbal requests will not be entertained. A change of bus route due to change of address will be allowed depending upon the availability of seats in the required bus.
- Only students who have paid the bus fee are entitled to use the school bus. Strict action will be taken against students caught using the bus without paying the fee.
Leave of Absence
In order to avail of leave of absence, an application along with supporting documents (if applicable) must be submitted to the following:
Class Teacher : For leave up to one week
Headmistress : For leave beyond one week, up to a month
Principal : For leave beyond one month
- In case a student is absent from school for a period of 45 days or more without any information, his/her name will be struck off the rolls and parents will have to apply for re-admission to the school at which time all the fees payable at the time of admission will have to be paid.
- For outstation leave/long leave during school days, written permission must first be obtained from the Principal Principal / Headmistress / Pre-Primary Coordinator and the class teacher must be informed of the same.
- Students who have been on leave for a period of seven days or more because of any illness/contagious disease must produce a medical certificate as well as a doctor,s fitness certificate on joining school. This needs to be duly signed by the Principal/ Headmistress before the student can sit in his/her class.
- In case a student is required to leave early, a Short Leave Application signed by the parent/legal guardian is to be sent to the Senior/Junior Headmistress / Middle School Coordinator/ Pre-Primary Coordinator (as the case may be) within one hour of start of school on the day when the leave is to be availed.No request would be entertained thereafter except in case of emergencies.
- On days of Assessments/Tests students will be marked absent if they leave early. Parents must ensure they do not send their wards to school when they are sick. A student suffering from any contagious disease will not be allowed to sit for a test/examination.
- Record of non-attendance, stating the reason for each day of absence from school, must be duly filled in the almanac and signed by the parent.
- The school uniform should be worn with pride. It is mandatory to wear the school uniform on all working days, school functions and on school excursions unless specified otherwise. Students with untidy/unkempt look will not be permitted to sit in class.
- Non-Sikh boys must get their hair cut at regular intervals.
- Girls should plait their hair if below the shoulders. Short hair should be neatly cut and held with black pins/hair bands.
- Students are not allowed to wear any jewellery or fancy watches to school. Girls may wear only one pair of small ear rings.