The school is a community in which the management, students, teachers and parents are equal stakeholders. It is therefore important that all students, teachers and parents feel a sense of belongingness, and work to bring honour and glory to the school. We wish to build a culture of excellence and an ethos of pride and commitment, and encourage student participation and involvement in all school activities and events.
Students are expected to be honest, polite and well-behaved at all times. Punctuality, regularity, courtesy to teachers and other staff, discipline and an over-riding respect for school rules are some of the qualities expected of each learner and the same are reflected in grades under the ‘Attitudes and Values’ column in the report cards.
It is mandatory for every student to wear the I-Card to school. In case an I-card is misplaced, a duplicate can be procured from the class teacher.
Nur-XII: Green I-Cards (for students using school transport)
Nur-XII: Yellow I-Cards (for Supervision Students/students using private transport facility)
Nur-V: White Supervision I-Cards (for parents of Supervision Students)
Please note that the security guards will stop entry/exit of all defaulters.
- Acts of indiscipline, particularly the use of foul language, the use of unfair means in a test, truancy, bunking, bullying, violence, stealing, carrying forbidden items, disrespect towards teachers and any other morally reprehensible behaviour will incur serious consequences.
- Senior students and monitors have a special responsibility with regard to the discipline, as also the welfare of students, particularly the younger children.
- Students are expected to respect the property of others. This includes respect for school property.
- Damage caused by accident should be reported at once to the class teacher or to the Principal. Any damage done will be made good by the student. In case of willful damage to school property the student will have to pay a fine as well as cost of repair/recovery of the goods damaged.
- It is advisable not to bring valuable articles like expensive watches or pens to school. The school is not responsible for goods lost.
- Carrying of cell phones, cameras, iPods etc is strictly prohibited. Permission to carry cell phone to school may be granted on written request of parents, citing valid reason. However, phone must be submitted to the class teacher / Rep on arrival and collected at dispersal. Failure to follow the rule will result in confiscation of the phone till the end of the school year.
- Students are strictly forbidden to carry any kind of liquor, cigarettes, intoxicants, weapons, firearms or any such item that may cause hurt / injury to person or property. Failure to comply with this will be considered an unpardonable offence and strict action will be taken.
- It is also prohibited to bring fire crackers to school. Strict action will be taken against any student who explodes fire crackers in the school premises.
As a rule, no birthday celebrations are allowed in school. Children should come to school in their uniforms even on birthdays. No distribution of gifts other than toffees is allowed, that too in their own class.
The school takes a serious view of repeated transgressions for which Red and Yellow cards are issued.
(a) Yellow Card I – served by the Counsellor after two acts of recorded indiscipline.
(b) Yellow Card II – served by the Counsellor for a subsequent act of indiscipline.
(c) Red Card – served by the Principal for two acts of indiscipline subsequent to the issuance of the Yellow Card.
A student may be suspended or asked to leave school on the following grounds:
(a) Repeated acts of indiscipline
(c) Unsatisfactory progress
(d) Detention or repeated detentions in class
(e) Any other reason that brings disrepute to school
- Students must be punctual and come to school on time.
- No child will be allowed entry after 15 minutes of start of school.
- Lady helpers will be on duty to escort the students of Nursery to and from the gate.
- No student is allowed to come to school in a self-driven vehicle.
- Parents are requested not to enter the school premises to drop their wards.
- Please note that entry and exit will be allowed only from gate numbers 1 and Gate number 3 is for use of buses only.